Oct. 03, 2022
Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd.
Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd. (hereinafter “Daihatsu”) has added Tanto Fun Cross, a new model representing active lifestyles to the Tanto lineup along with the new Tanto and Tanto Custom. Their launch is slated to start nationwide on October 3, 2022.
Following its initial release in 2003, the Tanto created a new category of extra-space mini vehicles thanks to the outstanding spaciousness and ease-of-use of its cabin. The mini passenger vehicle models were the first*1 to be equipped with the Miracle Open Door with a built-in pillar, and the succeeding models featured Power Sliding Doors on both sides of the vehicle. Tanto models have been accepted by a wide range of customers.
The current, fourth-generation Tanto models, launched in July 2019, represented the first group of vehicles based on the Daihatsu New Global Architecture (DNGA), the company’s next-generation approach to creating vehicles. These models evolved significantly both from a functional and performance perspective, based on the key concept of “a life partner for a new age,” and are high-quality vehicles at affordable prices that cater to the needs of customers of all ages.
This year’s redesign has further enhanced the convenience that the Tanto is appreciated for. The new Tanto Custom has evolved to be more quality-oriented and impressive in style, and an additional outdoor model, Tanto Fun Cross*2, has been made for the new age. Retaining the ease-of-use of the traditional Tanto, this outdoor model has an active and tough style with its own unique features and is sure to meet customer’s needs for a wider range of outdoor activities. The Tanto (Friendship series) welfare vehicles also underwent partial improvements, which were well received by customers and ranked No. 1*3 for new vehicle sales volume by model name for the year 2021.
1. Tanto Custom evolved to be more quality-oriented and impressive in style
2. Improved convenience with the deck board in the luggage room and the evolved 9-inch smartphone-linked Display Audio*4 in addition to the outstanding spaciousness of the cabin and the convenience and sense of openness of the Miracle Open Door
3. New colors representing the features of each model
4. Retains the same advanced performance foundation and safety based on DNGA
1. Style representing active lifestyles and toughness in harmony with outdoor landscapes
2. New features unique to Tanto Fun Cross that are useful in various outdoor scenarios with the same convenience of the new Tanto
i) Water-repellent seat covers and waterproof seat backs are easy to clean and made to handle stained objects and wet gear
ii) Luggage room lamp that is useful for handling luggage at night with a USB socket
For details on the models, visit:
Official Website https://www.daihatsu.co.jp/lineup/tanto/
Based on its “Light you up” approach, going forward, Daihatsu will continue to provide optimal mobility to every one of its customers, and cater to their needs via its extended range of mini and compact vehicles.
Data as of December 2007 when the second-generation Tanto models were launched (Daihatsu’s research).
*2: The model was named “Fun Cross” in the concept of making it a vehicle that lets users go across and beyond daily life to actively spend joyful time.
*3: Tanto (Friendship series) was ranked No. 1 for total domestic new vehicle sales volume by model name (total volume of Welcome Turn Seat, Welcome Seat Lift, and Tanto Sloper) of the total volume of mini and registered welfare vehicles (wheel chair vehicle, seat lift vehicle, turning seat vehicle, drive assist vehicle and shuttle car) according to the data publicized in manufacturers’ own documents (Daihatsu’s research).
*4: Manufacturer’s option
Monthly sales target: 12,500 units
October 8 (Saturday) - October 10 (Monday),
October 15 (Saturday), 16 (Sunday), 22 (Saturday), and 23 (Sunday), 2022
Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd., Shiga (Ryuo) Plant
Prices are recommended retail prices and are intended for reference purposes only. Prices are independently set by sales companies; for further details, please visit your nearest sales company.
Insurance, taxes (excluding consumption tax), automobile recycling fees and fees associated with registration, etc. charged separately.
|☆FUN CROSS TURBO||TC※6||2WD||1,809,500|
|L with Turn Seat||1,665,000|
|X with Turn Seat||1,840,000|
Naturally aspirated engine
*6: Turbo Charger
- Exterior elements highlight the spaciousness and wideness of the vehicle: engine hood, front fender, head lamp and front bumper, etc.
- The interior has a deep blue color scheme based in black, and the seat covers with increased leather area and plated decorations in the cabin give a sharp, elaborate impression
< Adjustable deck board (to provide space either above or below) >
- With the board legs erected, luggage can be loaded in two spaces, under the floor or on the board for a wide variety of occasions from everyday shopping to outdoor activities
- When the rear seats are folded forward in the upper position of the deck board, a flat and wide luggage room is temporarily created
< Slide lever on the luggage side >
- A new lever is on the luggage side to slide the rear seat, enhancing the ease-of-use of the luggage room
< A 9-inch smartphone-linked Display Audio*4 that supports Apple CarPlay wireless connection and has voice recognition >
- Enhanced convenience with voice recognition to control the air-conditioner and multimedia device.
- Supports wireless connections using Apple CarPlay*7
- A new HDMI*8 socket to increase the options for playing videos
*7: Apple CarPlay is a tradename of Apple Inc. registered in the United States and several other countries.
*8: HDMI is a tradename of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc.
- New colors for the Tanto: Sand Beige Metallic, two-tone White×Ice Green*9 and White×Sand Beige Metallic*9 which strengthen the image of friendliness with light color
- New colors for the Tanto Custom: Cool Violet Crystal Shine*9 and Chrome Gray Metallic which highlight the impression of high quality
- The DNGA-based advanced performance delivered by the fourth-generation Tanto models is retained and the engine control has been optimized. The achieved fuel efficiency in WLTC mode is 22.7 km/L*10
- The Smart Assis*11 active safety system, which supports customers’ safety and security
*9: Manufacturer’s option
Fuel consumption rates for grades with 2WD/CVT/NA engines (Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Test Values).
The fuel consumption rates are values measured under specified test conditions. Fuel consumption rates may vary depending on the customer use environment (weather, traffic congestion, etc.) and driving methods (sudden starts, air conditioner usage, etc.).
WLTC mode is an international driving mode comprising an allocation of average use times in urban, suburban, and highway driving modes.
*11: The Smart Assist active safety system has been designed as driving assistance tool for driver. It has functional limitations and may not work, depending on the road and weather conditions. Drivers should not rely too much on this system. For details, contact your local sales company or visit the Daihatsu official website.
- Exterior has a sense of active lifestyles provided by powerful head lamps, front grille and bumpers representing toughness, silver decorations, side garnishes, and roof rails that are useful for leisure purposes
- Orange accented interior and seats that express toughness with a camouflage pattern
Water-repellent seat covers and waterproof seat backs that are easy to clean and made to handle stained objects and wet gear used for activities such as camping or fishing
Full-fabric seats with water-repellant cloth and waterproof seat backs (rear seats) are used
- Luggage room lamps that are useful for handling luggage at night (deck right side and ceiling) and a very useful USB socket (rear seat right side) as a standard feature
- The ease-of-use by a front bench seat is improved with a front center armrest (with box) on model grades of Sloper X and over to meet customers’ requests (standard feature).
- The convenience is improved by the front/rear two-mode lift feature of the Welcome Seat Lift, replacing the conventional lift position selector switch with the capability to automatically switch between the two lift positions according to whether one or two doors are open.
- Increased the customers’ range of choices with the newly added Rakusuma Grip*12 on the front passenger side of Welcome Seat Lift.
*12: Manufacturer’s option