Nov. 04, 2022
Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd.
Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd. (hereinafter “Daihatsu”) announced today that the total number of orders for the new Tanto (including the Tanto Custom and Tanto Fun Cross) has reached approximately 50,000 units in the first month after its launch on October 3, 2022. This is four times the monthly sales target of 12,500 units, indicating a strong start for the new models.
The Tanto Custom, which has evolved to be more quality-oriented and impressive in style with improved usability, and the new Tanto Fun Cross, an outdoor model for the new era, have received particular praise.
Daihatsu apologizes for any inconvenience caused by the parts supply shortage, which was caused by a combination of factors, including the global shortage of semiconductors and the spread of COVID-19, and will strive to make all efforts to deliver products to customers as soon as possible.
Approximately 50,000 units (Reference) Monthly sales target: 12,500 units
Breakdown by model
- Tanto Approximately 20%
- Custom Approximately 55%
- Fun Cross Approximately 25%
Main customer demographics
- Tanto Parenting family and older women
- Custom Men of all ages, including young adults
- Fun Cross Men, often new customers
- Tanto Shining White Pearl, Black Mica Metallic, Fire Quartz Red Metallic
- Custom Shining White Pearl, Black Mica Metallic, Cool Violet Crystal Shine
- Fun Cross Sand Beige Metallic, Sand Beige Metallic(two tone), Lake Blue Metallic
- The high-quality and powerful design of the CUSTOM
Active and tough design of the FUN CROSS
Ease of use of the cargo area, including the upper-lower two-level adjustable deck board (especially for the FUN CROSS)
- Miracle Open Door and user-friendly and spacious interior
High performance foundation based on DNGA